Stretching Hotel Coffee

I go to conferences and schools yearly. The 4 cup coffee maker the hotel has will have a pre-packaged coffee and filter. I make the 4 cups of regular coffee. I take a covered pitcher or carafe with me and pour that coffee in the pitcher. I then run a coffee pot full of water through the grounds left in the coffee maker. I pour that in the pitcher. Then I make the decaf coffee that is also supplied. I do not run a pot full of water after making the decaf coffee. I pour the decaf in the pitcher with the regular coffee. My husband, sister, or whoever goes with me on these trips have plenty of coffee. We are coffee drinkers, by the way.

By Kathie

Since hotel coffee pots are usually small, and the filter basket is small also, I just take a few of my own filters and cut them down to size (cut off about 1 inch around the top) at home and bring a bit of my own coffee along in a small tupperware container. Bring your coffee scoop so you know how much you need for 4 cups and voila, you have home brewed coffee right in your room. I also bring a baggie to put the coffee grinds/filter in so I can dispose of it in the hotel room garbage without a mess for the maid.

Altho I am not certain but I would think most hotels would certainly give you extra coffee if you just asked. Call Housekeeping and ask if you could get an extra pkt of coffee or two. I'm sure they would be more than happy to bring it right to your room! I wouldn't see the reason to go to the extra trouble of running water through grounds twice. We usually mix the reg and decaf together to get a pot that is half the caffeine which is what we drink at home. How considerate of the guest poster on 1-31-05 to bring a baggie for grounds disposal. Usually the little trash cans have plastic liners at the places we stay but if not I usually have a plastic grocery bag or perhaps a disposable plastic cup, something like that and will dipose of the grounds that way. I never try to make more work for the maid!

Thanks for the ideas about hotel coffee and how to strech but as many have said its not necessary as the house keepers dont mind giving extra and i always bring a coffee can from home and my scoop and throw away the messy filter into some thing else as those small plastic trash bags are usless an empty cup with a lid works great.

oh my thank you for thinking of your maid, you have no idea how many times I have scrubbed dried coffee grounds ect out of the trash cans , sinks, toilets, tubs and yes even the floor. Most motel/hotels are more than happy to provide "extras" to their guests no matter how silly the request might sound to you. Another tip us girls know about is that is you get stuck at a less that desirable motel, if you want fresh bedding, spill a large glass of water on the bed, they wont be too upset, water doesn't stain anything and they will pull bedding from the laundry and have your bed made up , alot of us housekeepers have questioned our peers' procedures and cleaning skills and this is something we would do if we were to question some of those crummier places.

I have stayed in hotels from coast to coast and have never been in one that would not bring extra coffee or serve fresh cofee in the lobby. Just ask.

4 Star Hotel
Hotel Travel Tips
Travel and Recreation TravelOctober 30, 2004
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎉
🎄