Plastic Bag Holder

Oh, how I enjoy shopping for bargains. During the warmer months, DH and I love to go to all kinds of garage sales. At one of the sales, I saw something hanging on a nail which was stuffed full of plastic shopping bags. So I just had to find a free sewing pattern to make one for myself. I made several for friends who lived out of state, then the very last one I made for myself. If you look closely at the photo, you might find the mistake that I made. The palm trees are upside down, I had sewn the hanging loop on the wrong end of the bag and it was too much work to correct the mistake. I hang my plastic bag holder on a hook leading down to our basement. Now whenever I need a trash bag, I know where to find one.

This pattern was created by Diane DeArmond

By MCW from NY

Link: http://www.quilt.com/UserPublishing/BagHolder.html

Thanks for the great idea. I'm a garage sell fanatic myself, just goes to show you can come away from one with more than just a great bargain..

I saw one of those for sale at a store that sells for 10.99.....being a frugal person I went home and made one with scrap material to coordinate with my kitchen colors. I made it in about 15 minutes and now the children know "EXACTLY" where bags. So long to a messy pantry!

I made them also. But I used hand towels, dish towels what ever size you would want. Just sew up the side seams and put elastic at the bottom end, a draw string at the top or more elastic add a hanging cord. They make great little gifts.The cost is cheap, some stores sell a pack of 5 towels for $5.00. Add a set of potholders and matching dish towels and dish cloth, and what a even greater gift.They wash and dry great also. Just throw them in with the towels. Enjoy.

Hugs Kisses, and Teddy Bears

If you use bandanas to make these you won't have any raw edges. The bandana measures exactly the right size and you can cut a strip from the edge of another one for the "handle". Use 1/4 inch elastic for the top and bottom oprnings.

I made those for just about everyone I know as gifts. It doesn't take much fabric. I don't know if you ran elastic through the bottom, I assume so. I used up elastic I had on hand. I was making them in colors to match people's kitchens and also using fabric designs that they would enjoy

I had found one at a craft shop and then took it apart and figured out how to make it.