Saving for the Vacation

We have never been able to afford a vacation so my family of three have decided to put aside a little each month (equal amounts) but my daughter is in charge of the account so that the money will never be used for emergencies! Younger children can put in a fixed amount. It teaches them how to save and they have contributed to the vacation. If someone doesn't pay his sum by the given date he has to pay $1 interest for each day that he is late.

By Kara from Trinidad

I saved for a trip to Hawaii by putting a jar in the bathroom where everyone put loose change in at the end of the day. After doing it for a year I had accumlated more than $350! I didn't realize how much it all adds up. I used all of this money towards my trip. It's a great way to save your money and not even realize you are doing it.

Anything you can do to teach kids about money management is wonderful!

When we go on vacation, a family of 5, I make and freeze kool-aid in milk jugs. Saves alot on drinks and it helps keep other foods cold in the cooler until it thaws.(Saves on ice too). I have even made food in advance and froze the meals as well in gallon pickle jars and then oour food wasn't as costly and meals were pre-cooked and quick.

Three kids in snorkel gear.
Saving Money to Go on Vacation
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJanuary 16, 2006
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation, Sisters on Ski Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation
Saving Money on Vacation Rentals
Saving Money on Vacation Rentals
Saving Money on Winter Vacations, Snowman and Snowwoman Enjoying the Pool and Warm Sun Together
Saving Money on Winter Vacations
🎄