Frugal Recyclable Gift Cards

I make cards whenever possible but when I have to buy one, I am always amazed at how much they cost. I like to give truly recyclable cards. Instead of signing the inside of the card, I attach a sticky note inside and write a little note and sign it. On the outside of the envelope I write their name on a sticky note, along with the words "A truly recyclable card." If mailing, I fold a sheet of copy paper over the blank envelope, address it and tape it shut. The recipient then has a small gift of a brand new "unused" card to re-gift. When a nice card costs $4 to $5, it kills me to think it will be tossed after one use! Of course, this isn't for everyone but those that are frugal and environmentally conscious, it's a fun treat. Yes, my friends and family laugh at me but those cards are enjoyed more than once!

By Peggy G from Yulan, NY

Oh my gosh, I've done this, too! Great minds think alike!

Nice idea. Thanks.

Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Holidays and Parties Christmas CardsDecember 22, 2008
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards