Homemade Dryel Cloths

The dry cleaning sheets you buy at the store to use in the dryer are great, but expensive. Does anyone know how to make your own?

By Mimi from Dallas, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I don't know, but the actual Dryel box says that the "dryer activated cloth contains water, preservatives, a fiber protection agent and perfume." Which to me sounds like a combination of water and fabric softener sprayed on a cloth. You might experiment with that combo.

Answer

Wow, I think I am asking for a new "homemade" recipe! I love the Dryel system for refreshing my "dry clean only" fabrics (wool, nylon, acetate, rayon, silk, etc.). But has anyone tried to make their own dry cleaning sheets? They must be very damp, and placed in with the clothes in the Dryel bag (or similar, I guess). Mine is fabric with the zipper, so it lasts longer than the original nylon. I will be experimenting and post here, but please add your own experiences and input!

camo_angels from Willamina, OR

Answers:

Homemade Dryel Cloths

I kinda got close once by keeping the old Dryel cloth and wetting it down, then spraying it with Febreeze. It was okay, but Dryel must add something I can't figure out. (12/09/2007)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesJanuary 12, 2010
Burping Baby
Making Burp Cloths for Infants
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Recycled Dish Cloths
Making Your Own Recycled Dish Cloths
Blue microfiber cleaning rag.
Uses for Microfiber Cloths
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 11, 2016 at 9:11:42 AM on 10.0.2.103 in 513 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.