Reupholstering Club Chairs

I have 2 club chairs (similar in style to pic posted, but the cushions are thicker and not removable) that I found for free. I desperately need to reupholster them because there have tears in the existing fabric, which is an awful design and color. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for me? Obviously I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I do want them to be more comfortable and appealing. I've never done any fabric projects before and can only sew by hand. I'd really appreciate some help here.

NOTE: My chairs are dining room chairs not patio chairs.

Answers

Best Answer

Since the chairs were not created in one piece, they have to come apart somewhere! Look on the back rails, side supports for the seats, etc. until you find the screws. They may have wood caps (look like bumps) over them which you have to gently pry off. Then the upholstery is easy. Wrap fabric around the top/seat, stretch it tight, miter the corners and staple it where it won't show! On the backs you might have to put another full piece over the back of the backs to cover the raw edges. Then, put them back on the frames the way you took them off.

Red fabric Club Chair against white background
Reupholstering Club Chairs
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairApril 9, 2008
Dining Chair
Repairing Dining Chair Seats
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
Dining Chairs
Reupholstering Dining Chairs
🎉
🎄