Christmas Gift for Farmer Boyfriend

What should I get my boyfriend for Christmas? He's 17 and we've been going out for a month. He's a farmer and a country guy.

By Katie from Lowell, MI

Not knowing his interests I can only make a few generic suggestions:

-a pocket or belt knife

-if he wears a ball cap get him a nice full rim hat he could wear dressed up

-if you're in a cold winter environment you could possibly find him a "dickie", it's a garment you pull over your head. It has a turtle neck type opening and a flap of cloth that lays flat in front across the chest and in back across the back. They are really helpful in staying warm without restricting the arms; they are worn under a coat.

One of those nice drink thermos like containers that keep your coffee or cocoa hot for a while would be nice. country boys get up early for work and a cup of hot cocoa is always nice to get him thinking of you.

A scarf you made for him out of fleece is nice too. Fleece is warm and soft. Just cut a long strip and sew two together and viola a scarf.

A gift card would be nice, good luck.

I might recommend any books by Gene Logsdon:

All Flesh is Grass, about pasturing animals again;

Small Grain Raising, about growing grains for family and animal needs, Chelsea Green Publishing.

Go to your local feed store and see if you can find some stuff he might like or just get him a gift card from that store. Farmers love feed/seed stores.

Since you've only been dating a month I wouldn't go too crazy but perhaps a really nice Christmas card and things like the little warming packs for shoes and gloves that you can find at Meijers in the Hunting and Fishing Department right there in Lowell for while he's doing outdoor Winter farm projects. Does he like to fish? Perhaps a couple of nice fishing lures suitable for the type of fish he catches that he can use in the Spring or if he likes Ice Fishing appropriate lures for that. And I really like Bookeesmom's idea of a nice thermos or homemade fleece scarf :-)

Next time you drive past Key Heights on M21 wave for me, I have a friend and a cousin who live there ;-)

I married a "farmer" and he likes the same things "city folks" like! Try a C.D. of his favorite music, or a "movie package"...a DVD, a box of Orville Redenbacker's microwave popcorn, a 2 litre of his fav. drink, and maybe a warm snuggly blanket, then join him for a movie night. Take some fresh baked cookies for a snack (guys LOVE women who can bake/cook!!) and enjoy the evening! And, if you are watching the movie at his house, take a board game to play with his family either before or after the movie, so the whole family will like you!

Holidays and Parties Gifts ChristmasNovember 23, 2009
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
A girlfriend giving her boyfriend a gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for an Adult Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Farmer Costume
Making a Farmer Costume
🎉
🎄