Repairing Shoe Straps With "Insta Fix" Glue

I have some rubber after sport sandals that I find to be very comfortable. Unfortunately, the straps disengage long before the sole wears out, rendering them useless. I have used them a lot, and am not complaining about how long they've lasted, only about how I wish they'd last even longer! As I have a very difficult time finding shoes that fit, I need to keep these few pairs going as long as possible.

I actually solved the problem and will be able to use the sandals a bit more. I don't know how long the glue will hold, but it's been a few days with a lot of use, and so far, holding tightly. The glue was purchased from HSN and is called "Insta Fix". It binds many different surfaces together within seconds, so there's no time to fiddle with the fit - you must know what to do in advance. I also glued the knob back on a cabinet door after the screw broke in half - certainly much less expensive than replacing all the matching knobs.

The wonderful discontinued sandals are called R Max 2 and at I have posted this address so that you can be aware of the material used in their construction.

By Cookwie from Richardson, TX

There is a glue I buy at Walmrt called E6000 that is amazing-it needs to dry overnite, but you have the flexibility of not needing to be spot on the moment you touch the surfaces together. It is inexpensive and holds everything-dries clear. Look on the peg wall in the craft dept.

Aloha lindal,

Do you think the E6000 glue from Wal Mart would hold rubber together? My precious dog chewed halfway through the rubber strap on my favorite pair of rubber sandals and I'd like to try and salvage them.

Repairing Sandals
Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingAugust 13, 2009
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
woman wearing a bra
Keeping Bra Straps from Slipping
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Yellow and blue strappy sandals against a white background
Fixing Squeaky Sandals
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 24, 2016 at 7:56:46 PM on in 889 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.