Location for a Child's Birthday Party During Hot Weather

I need an idea of where to have my two year old daughters' birthday. It's going to be in August and its really hot.I need to find somewhere that is cool and easy to do. Where can I have it?

Sarina from Irving, TX

For a two year old, how about some kind of water park? Sometimes for a group of 10 persons, a park will give you a discount. Maybe you could see if the other parents would pay their children's admission to the park if you provide the refreshments and transportation to the park. Of course you would need plenty of adult supervision!

For that age, maybe going to the movies would not be a good idea. Sometimes their attention span doesn't last the length of a movie. Most movie theatres have a special room for birthday celebrations, and at least it would be air-conditioned. Here again, you could suggest the parents pay the children's admission to the movie. Maybe the theatre would offer a special rate for a group.

Another thing that is popular around here is taking the kids to a ceramic studio. You arrange a party for a group of kids, and they paint their own figurines. I think you pay so much per child. I didn't know if there was anything like that in your area.

Finally, do you have a Chuck E. Cheese's or a similar restaurant? You'd have to pay for the pizza and tokens, but here again, maybe you could enlist the parents to pay $4 or $5 per child in lieu of a birthday gift. Even McDonald's has a play area, and the prices for a Happy Meal aren't too expensive.

Hope these ideas help,

Julie

how about a little pool party for her friends i was in a playgroup with my kids from infant up and we would do it at the house in lil pools we put out so kids could splash and play the dollar tree has all these great inflatible pink flamingos and plam trees and all kinds of lau decor plates etc serve simple foods maybe a punch with sherberty and do fruit kabobs finger foods for kiddos in those tupperware sectioned trys i always put fruitloops and pieces of fruit and lil kids foods in there on the table get a big tin tub or plastic and buy those lil hugs drinks and put them in there on ice all simple and easy and affordable to do i also did hawaiian music i got at the dollar store to play too!! maybe grill out for the adults keep it simple potato salad and hot dogs chicken hamburgs etc!!! for kids favors i would do shovel and pial dollar store maybe put sunglasses and bubbles in or sometimes you can get beach hats there my daughter was older and i gave bamboo beach bags with a sun hat inside it as a favor we decorated flip flops and did beach door plates have fun!!

Hi, I would go to the park. Find one with shade trees. 2yr. olds love to play at the playground at the park. It is inexpensive and they love the play toys. You could buy a squirt gun for each child and let them lose. Loretta

Do you have a Build A Bear in your area? They do parties. for $10 per child (for bear supplies). You just have to bring the cake. The museums in our area also do kids parties in addition to a number of kid friendly restaurants.

My favorite tips. First plan to keep it small in number and same age group with exception of couple here and there. Plan to have lots of fun and not open the presents at the party. Presents opening you can do that after the guest gone home and this way you save the fuss and crying as kids tend to do that at this age instead just have fun and send a thank you for their gift and a picture of the guest child having fun at your party.

Here are some ideas and places I would consider if it was me...

* Hire an entertainer- storyteller, clown, musical tots performer, costume character and etc. just choose one that understands and works with tots.

or "Do it yourself approach".

* Rent a room at the recreation center they have mats and kids that age like that love to tumble and floor play and its cool inside. This is fun and you can have someone to help organize the fun, take candid pictures and add some musical activities. Play wear is in style in August so you can incorporate a CONTEST for BEST PLAYWEAR, BEST HAT, COOLEST SUNGLASSES, WILDEST TUMBLE, WILDEST TEE SHIRT, WAY OUT SWIMSUIT, BEST POUTY POSE and so on catagory. Kids can play follow the leader and have a storytime -reading age approxiate" with a book that shows pictures of tumbling you can play ballerina music in background as a warm up.

* Have a swim party where you have a kiddie pool in the shade. Afterwards dump the water in the flower bed. Time to play Beach Bingo Pinic TIME TO EAT - Have someone to fill a small wadding pool with sand and put out the buckets and shovels for them. Don't forget to bury prizes in there. Get all the kids into groups, time the kids in groups of two or three kids at a time so that everyone gets a fair chance to dig for their prize (they take these home). This can be done with music when the music stops time (keep it really short but long enough for them to find two or three things) to switch out the group. After the party you can keep the sand and spread it around the foundation if you live in the apartment building ask the manager first where they would like you to place the left over sand. You can hang a couple of fans in the trees and tilt them downward over guest. Electrical cords - caution remember hang away from pool area/ water. Take the ends - tie / knot them together where they are plugged. Please do this if you use an extention cord for this it keeps them from coming undone and falling down. Remember to hang them up high to prevent the head of the taller folks from bumping into them and keep the kiddies away from them and still stay cool.

INVITATIONS READING: Guest can bring their favorite blanklet, towel, swimsuit, floaties, and etc. for our wet and wild party. Parents please supervise your children as I have only one set of eyes I can use yours. WINK!

Please let me know which it is that your child will enjoy the most as we are trying to plan a menu.

We are considering having...

Main Meal:Chicken Fingers, Fish Sticks, Rolled Smokies

Veggies / Fruit: Orange Slices, Baby Carrots, Raisins

Dessert:

Pudding- Vanilla or Chocolate

Drink: Pineapple Juice, Apple Juice, Pink Limeaide

We are having a giant chocolate cookie as our cake.

By giving advance choices this will tell you who is coming and who is likely not as they will be calling in their childs choice.

Ahead of time- You can wrap the Main Dish (3 of each) in individual foil wraps and have in a warmer pre-oven cooked and ready to be served.

Veggies and Fruits in baggies.

These items can be placed in a paper bag in advance a picnic lunch, with their names on it along with spoon, nakins, stickers makes it easy all you have to is serve the main meal (lukewarm) when they get their lunch sack. They will likely be eating on their blanket / towel outside unless you provide otherwise. Just have handi wipes and paper towels handy maybe one or two things like catsup, mustard, pickles. One lady I know a soccer mom she used a water cooler filled with water the kiddos just washed their hands by turning on the spout for water. Neat!

Me, I am an entertainer in the area DFW area and I have many ideas; I hope these I have shared inspire you.

Enjoy your party.

Dianna

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 28, 2008
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Hot Weather Cooking
Hot Weather Cooking Tips
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
🎄