Carlos (Blue and Gold Macaw)

Carlos is a 21 year old Blue and Gold Macaw. My Daughters ex-boyfriend gave him to me. His Aunts friend did not want him anymore. He likes to talk, (has quite a vocabulary) but he especially likes to scare me. He says boo and I pretend he scares me and he laughs.

As you can see from the photo, he plucks his feathers. I think he is gorgeous just the way he is, He is my naked bird, lol. I've taken him to the vet and he is healthy he just plucks. He is a very happy bird, he enjoys being out of his cage, loves music, dances, and loves all the attention we give him. He gets along with our dogs really well he even likes to bark like them. He brings lots of joy to our home.

By Kathy from Carol Stream, IL

Hi, What a beautiful baby he is. I have a parakeet that is so adorable and I love it too. I am glad you are taking care of this darling little soul. I lived in Carol Stream for a while many years ago, and I was at the library over there all the time!

I have been doing training by chet womach for my little parakeet and it has made him more confident although he doesn't like to come out of the cage, he lives on top of the rabbit cage, and he watches all the other animals. He is such a tattletale, when the cat does something he is not supposed to do Perry causes a riot until I come to investigate!

Plucking, Wish I could remember because I was angry I didn't have info before when I had a plucker. Check info on glop parrot recipe. Something about plucking and flax seed oil by mouth. There is a cure. plucking does deplete your bird enough to affect his health. Had one. Do try the glop recipe, healthy and they love it.

Awesome, he's beautiful! I'm so happy that he has found a wonderful home where he feels secure, and that you all love him like you do. Blessings!

Pet Macaw
Pet Macaw Photos
Photos Pets OtherMarch 4, 2010
jar of Roka Blue in cupboard
Kraft Roka Blue Spread Substitute
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash
🎄