Use Old Bread to Absorb Onion Smell

If I have extra onion and I want to use it in a couple of days or whenever, I take and put it in a ziplock bag and I take some old bread or buns I was going to throw away and stick in with the onion. The bread absorbs the onion smell and doesn't stink up your refrigerator and freezer. I keep the old bread in a bread wrapper in the refrigerator in the back so it does not get confused with the good stuff. My husband thought I was nuts when he first saw me do this but it works. My refrigerator does not smell of onion and I use otherwise useless bread. If I find the smell coming back I just stick another piece of bread in the ziplock.

By DEBRADJ from IL

Wrap the cut onion tightly in foil. It will last longer and will not leave any odors.

Onion
Removing Onion Smell
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 3, 2008
walkin shower drain
Shower Has an Onion Smell
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
🎄