Add Acid When Making Stock

When boiling meat bones for stock, add 2 tablespoons of either vinegar or lemon juice to the cooking water. The acidity helps dissolve the gristly tendons into collagen and gelatin, which makes the broth more nutritious. If it's too sour after cooking, add a pinch of baking soda to neutralize the acid.

Source: Adele Davis' book "Let's Cook it Right"

By Nance from Statesboro, GA

Wow! Great cooking tip. I will most definitely use it next time with my beef stew recipe. Thank you.

I have loved Adelle Davis' books since the '60s when I bought all of them in paperback. Her nutrition has been updated some since then, but she still, after all these years, gets it right most of the time. She was to American nutrition what Julia Child was to French cooking.

Making Homemade Soap, Bar of natural pine soap, with a pine branch, and a dish of green sea salt.
Making Homemade Soap
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJanuary 28, 2008
Acid Reflux
Remedies for Acid Reflux
A car battery.
Cleaning Up Battery Acid
Striated homemade soap in reds, pinks, and blue.
Making Melt and Pour Soap
chicken tomato risotto
Recipes Using Chicken Stock