Natural Repellent for Squirrels

Squirrels are eating my tomatoes! I've tried every trick in the book, chicken wire to surround plants, doffee grounds, skunk plants, whirrley-birds, flags, streamers, fake snakes, fake owls, moth balls, Shake Away urine granules (and human, I was desperate), dog hair and human hair. I put grease and hot pepper on the fence and plants last year. The hot pepper on my plants killed the leaves and vines!

My dogs were indoor animals so I couldn't leave them outside all day. Tonight I tried another hot pepper receipt to spray (instead of shake) on tomatoes, but the spray bottle atomizer clogged up, so instead of wasting the mixture, I just shook it over parts of the plants and fence. Am I supposed to be using a commercial-type garden sprayer or just a kitchen-type sprayer?

A squirrel was even hanging upside-down eating sugar water out of my humming bird feeder. I don't want to kill them, but that was suggested and then hang the body by the tomatoes to ward off other squirrels.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By Doody from Dayton, OH

I have a squirrel problems at my apartment they come on the ledge and try to come inside.

What is the best way to get rid of them and open my windows this spring?

ramundsen@nc.rr.com

mix cheap hot pepper sauce and veg. oil 50/50 and spray areas where you do not want squirrels or other animals and repeat weekly and after it rains. works on bird feeders-spray everything except where seed comes out even hanger.

Home and Garden Pest Control Squirrels and ChipmunksJuly 16, 2010
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 9:45:54 AM on 10.0.0.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.