Where Can I Find Building Supplies Donations?

Where can I find donations of usable building materials and scrap? I take care of unwanted animals and find them homes and am in need of materials for houses and pens. Any usable scrap lumber, unused landscaping timbers or railroad ties, fencing scraps. Anything will be appreciated!

Paris from Coatesville

Try freecycle in your area.... You might also drive around to construction sites and see if you can get some donations that way.

I believe there is a Habitat for Humanity "Homestore" or "ReStore" in your city. They don't give things for free but they are extremely reasonable. The majority of their inventory is donated material. You'll be amazed at what you can buy and how cheap it is. The profits made from selling the donated items is used to buy material to build more "Habitat Homes". I think the organization is wonderful and I support it any way I can. Check them out.

Go to your Lowe's store. Lumber that comes in damaged, wet or returned is usually stacked at the back of the store and is sold at 1/2 price....just be sure to ask before you go looking through it. Also, stop by a new home construction site. Ask the contractor if you can have the scraps they aren't using. We have also gotten scraps of lumber from the dumpster behind a cabinet shop. The main thing is to ASK FIRST.

Two words - Forklift Pallets!

Two more? Straw bales!

Contact your local contractors. Explain what you are doing, why you need the supplies, and ask if they have any donations (leftovers, etc.) that they could give to you. Since you are helping out others and saving the animals, I bet they would be willing to help.

Better Living CharityMay 21, 2008
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
Large Outdoor Blue Goodwill Sign
Organizing Goodwill Donations
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Sending Donations to Troops
Sending Donations to Troops
🎉
🎄