Crock Pot Italian

I love using crock pots and developed this way of cooking Italian food when I was working. I put a can of spaghetti sauce in a crock pot and then add either Italian sausage, chicken (particularly legs and thighs), or beef such as London broil. This could be used for sandwiches with Italian bread, on top of spaghetti, or just as it is with a salad or other vegetables. The house smells great, too.

• 1 can spaghetti sauce, your favorite
  • 1 lb. Italian sausage or pieces of chicken or pieces of beef

Empty the can of spaghetti sauce in the crock pot. Set it on low if you will be gone all day. Add the protein. I don't usually cook the chicken or sausage before hand. The beef is usually already cooked.

Servings: about four
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7 or 8 Hours

By Maya from Redlands, CA

Spaghetti on Plate
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotMay 25, 2011
White pasta bowl with spaghetti pasta, marinara sauce and a sprig of basil
Basic Spaghetti Sauce Recipes
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap