Potato and Egg Salad Recipe

I am looking for a recipe for potato salad and egg salad.

Janet from Georgetown, Ontario

I do just a basic recipe on mine

for potatoe salad I estimate about how many potatoes to boil for the amount of salad I want.place them in a pan and let boil until a steak knife inserted into middle slides out easily.then peel and cut up to bite size pieces.boil about 4 eggs until hard boiled .peel and cut up ito bowl with potaotes.squirt about a tablespoon of prepared mustard and enough mayonaise to make it creamy. I cut up 2 small sweet pickles and stir in.sometimes we add a little cut a onions too.

for egg salad I just boil several eggs until hardened,peel and cut up into bite size pieces add mayonaise to moisten it and serve.

I am sure there are several different recipes out there for these but i don't do anything fancy for ours

EGG SALAD.....I boil the eggs, peel and run them thru the food processor...add just enough Ranch dressing to hold it together without getting soupy and spread on your bread or toast. (If you add too much Ranch dressing, it makes a great dip.)

I use a simple recipe and everyone loves my egg salad sandwiches. I hard cook the eggs, not too long so they turn green, then I chop them in the egg slicer. Then I add mayo to the consistancy that I like and some green onions and salt and pepper. The trick for a great egg salad sandwich is to put a thin layer of real butter on one of the pieces of bread and then mayo on the other. I saw this at a sandwich shop in Vancouver, Canada many years ago and it is very yummy!

A simple potato salad recipe is to peel and cube your potatoes, and boil them until just tender. Drain potatoes. Stir in a small amount of mayo and some non-creamy Italian salad dressing to taste. So good!

For egg salad, don't boil your eggs overly long. Cook them just until done by placing cold eggs in a saucepan, covering them with water and bringing to a boil, remove them from the heat, cover and let them finish cooking in the hot water as they sit for about another 15-20 minutes. You want to avoid the unappetizing appearance of the green stuff around the yolks that comes from overcooking. Drain off the hot water. Peel eggs, then use a fork to mash them up into the consistency you prefer. Add a spoonful or so of mayo (but not too much!), a small amount of regular yellow mustard, a sprinkling of onion powder, and a handful of finely chopped celery. Mix well, and increase add-ins as necessary.

Warm Red Potato and Corn Salad

Presented by BETTY CROCKER

2  lb. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces

1/4  tsp. salt (optional)

1-1/2  cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn

4  thick slices bacon, diced

1  medium sweet red pepper, chopped

1/3  cup cider vinegar

1/3  cup chicken broth

1/2  tsp. salt

1. In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, enough water to cover, and, if desired, the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Add corn; cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Drain well; set aside.

2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.; set aside.

3. Add pepper to the drippings in skillet. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender. Carefully add vinegar, broth, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. Gently stir in potatoes and bacon. Cook, stirring gently, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 8 servings.

4. Make-ahead tip: Prepare as directed. Transfer to a microwave-safe 2-quart casserole; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, microwave, covered, on 100% power (high) for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir before serving.

Potato Salad Recipes
Potato Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PotatoJune 19, 2007
Red Potato Salad in a white dish
Red Potato Salad Recipes
Bowl of potato salad using yellow potatoes and a dressing over the top
Danish Potato Salad Recipe
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad