Mother's Day Cookbook

My little grandsons (Jonny, nearly 4, and Joey, 20 months) are elbow deep in a project for Mother's Day for their mommy, other grandma, and day care provider. We are making a cookbook of their favorite meals and snacks. I am taking tons of pictures of them "fixing" the food. It helps that they are total hams! But we have included such things as "ants on a log" (celery stuffed with peanut butter and dotted with raisins), tacos, grilled cheese, jello with fruit, and other things we love to make together. I am printing out the recipes with pictures on the computer and putting them in clear report covers. In the mean time, they are learning about healthy snacks and easy meals, and we are having a BALL! I can hardly wait until they can present their gift.

By Margie from Mount Vernon, OH

This is the cutest idea! How creative!

So neat.... for sure I'll do this for next year...

for Mom and other Grandma.... never thought of it tho we do a Xmas project with photos.... Thank you.

Be sure to include some of the recipes that they have written themselves. We did a cookbook fundraiser for our school when my son was small. Included with the regular recipes that were donated by everyone was a chapter written by kindergartners and first-graders. Their recipes were so cute. If possible, have them write in black ink so it can be photocopied. You will want the recipes to be "uncorrected" that is what makes it so sweet. Have them include their own drawing of the recipe also.

LOL What a cool idea! I think most little kids are hams. XD It makes for awesome pictures.

Handwritten Cookbook
Making a Cookbook
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day GiftsMay 7, 2008
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Homemade Recipe Book Holder
Making a Cookbook Holder
Two kids making fruit kabobs.
Making a Cookbook for Kids
🎉
🎄