"Over the frosty moorland, The moon is rising high..."

"Over the frosty moorland, The moon is rising high, And out of the wintry silence, The wraiths of Rome ride by." Does anyone recognize this? I first read it years ago and it has nagged in the back of my brain ever since. This morning I found it in another book, just the same 4 lines, written by A G Prys-Jones. Does anyone know the rest of it or perhaps that's all there is? I have tried google, but have found nothing. Please help.

By Marg from England

I tried to find the answer for you but also hit a dead end :-( It's obviously a poem but without knowing the original author and/or the poem title what would be the best really, really helpful thing is to go to your public library(s) and ask the librarians about it. Don't give up because it must be recognizable to someone!

Please let us know what you do or don't find out, okay?

Hi Deeli, Sorry, the poem was written by A G Prys-Jones not the book. I have tried the library but they have none of his poetry. I was hoping somebody would save me the expense of buying all his books! This could become an obsession. Thanks for trying. If I ever track it down I will certainly let you know. Marg.

I said in my previous post "author and/or title of the poem" :-(

Again, try your local public library(s). You would be amazed at what you can find and borrow on an inter-library loan no matter how old the book! Be persistent! I once wanted to find out some rare historical information and that's how I obtained it! I couldn't take the book home because the book was over 100 years old and too rare but I was allowed to photocopy the pages I was seeking for personal use! Borrow all poetic books by him to find the poem if need be.

Perhaps this link will be helpful to you to print out and show the librarian:

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL11048255M/Collected_Poems_of_A._G._Prys-Jones

Or this one most likely published by one of Prys-Jones ancestors:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7222104-a-g-prys-jones

Sincere Good Luck to you.

Found it in "Green Places of Wales". I'm dancing a jig round the front room. After nearly 40 years of looking. Yahoooo!

Marg from England

🎄
🍂