I am looking for a Monkey Bread recipe using ice cream and butterscotch pudding.
Wanda from Clear Lake, SD
I havent heard of the kind you are looking for but this is a monkey bread type using vanilla pudding. I suppose you could use any flavor you want but I have only used vanilla. Make them at Night and They're Ready in the Morning!
Night Night Monkey bread
20 Frozen Dough Rolls or 2 cans of biscuts (if using biscuts put in fridge over night after mixing all together)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 tablespoon Cinnamon (up to 2 Tbsp)
1/4 cup Raisins, (Plumped)
1/4cup Butter, Melted (up to 1/2 C)
Before you put the cat out and turn off the lights, grease a 10" Bundt Pan and add the frozen rolls. Mix the brown sugar, dry pudding powder and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the rolls. Sprinkle the plumped raisins on top. Pour the melted butter or margarine over all. Cover with a clean, damp cloth. (Leave out at room temperature). Turn out the lights and say Good Night. In the morning preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 25 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and then turn out on a serving plate. These taste just like the middle of a cinnamon roll (which everybody knows is the best part.) Now Enjoy!
Googling it, I got this recipe:
INGREDIENTS (for 12)
* 24 ounces frozen dinner roll dough
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/2 cup melted butter
1. The night or several hours before, grease and flour a 9 or 10 inch tube pan. Mix brown sugar and pudding mix together. Mix white sugar and cinnamon together. Place frozen dinner rolls in pan a layer at a time. Sprinkle brown sugar and pudding mix over first layer of rolls. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture over the brown sugar and pudding mixture. Spread half the nuts and melted butter over first layer. Repeat with the next layer.
2. Place on counter over night. Do not cover. Next morning bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes and turn pan over onto serving platter.
QUICK MONKEY BREAD
1 package frozen (yeast) dinner rolls
1 package regular butterscotch pudding
1/4 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
Grease bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom. Arrange rolls over nuts. Sprinkle dry pudding over rolls. Mix sugar and melted butter together and pour (drizzle) over rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cover with towel and let rise over night or at least 8 hours.
Bake 350°F for 45 min to 1 hour.
COOL NO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES. Turn pan over on serving dish and enjoy.
Submitted by: Dave Bush
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!