Buy Canned Tomatoes in Bulk

Most people that cook meals at home use canned tomatoes throughout the year. I have found a way to purchase them very inexpensively. When I go to Costco, I buy a number 10 can of a name brand diced tomatoes in its own juice for about $2.75.

Once I open the can and use what I need for our meal, I divide up the remaining amount in different portion sizes, depending on what they will be used for. I use jars that I have saved from purchasing products at the store; such as mayonnaise, jelly, salsa, etc., and even plastic peanut butter jars with lids. Fill your containers, leaving about 1 inch of headspace at the top. Place in freezer.

You can use the same method with ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and many other products.

By Jacklyn from Victorville, CA

Buying Food in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk
Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenJune 5, 2011
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Green apple sitting on the lid of a canning jar.
Canning Apples
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes