Cloudy Water in An Above Ground Pool

I am writing because I have an above ground pool (18x48) and I put in shock, chlorine and algaecide all at the same time. I have always done this except this time I added the algaecide. Now that I have put the algaecide in with the rest of the stuff my pool is cloudy. 2 days have passed and it's still a little cloudy now, but it has bubbles and foam like water. What is wrong? Please help me.

Thanks,
Karen from Miami, FL

When I remove my cover, which is like a netted cover, the water is so bad. Looks like The Black Lagoon. Someone please tell me when I remove the cover just what to do???

We had the same problem a few years ago. Our local pool store told us the cloudiness was most likely dead algea. They suggested the water clarifier which bonds small particles together which makes the filter catch them easier, and cleaning the filter frequently until the problem was resolved. Cleared it up for us in a couple of days.

It's cloudy due to residue from the algaecide treatment. Check PH & Clorine levels then when okay let pool set for 24-48 hrs without pump circulation. Then use vacuum to throughly clean floor. You will see clear, beautiful water then!

i had an algea bloom about 2 weeks ago, since then my pool is cloudy, ph levels and chlorine levels are fine when test, the filter is cleaned 2 times a day and pump has been running . what else can i do so it is not milky.i have a 18x4 above ground pool. thanks

MJ, Ashland wi.

We are having a problem with our filter. The white powder (primer) shoots out into the pool from the filter. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks

We have an above the ground pool with a sand filteration.

The water circulates but is not being pulled through the sand. What causes the water not to be pulled through?

We set up our above ground pool, 12' round about 5000 gallons of water in March of 06. We have had great success in the past.

Last summer I added 3-4 oz. of chlorbrite every day or every other day as measured by my test kit. Once a week I shocked it with 4 oz. of power powder shock. The tabs didn't seem to work so I've always added granules right into the skimmer.

A few weeks ago we got the pool ready and had Leslie's test the water and it was perfect. For the last week or so I keep adding shock or chlorine, probably about 2-3 pounds total. I added 1/2 lb. at a time and the last time was Friday am. The funny thing is the chlorine smell is very strong when near the pool.

The weather has been cool this week (60-70 degrees) with some rain. Ph is fine, alkalinity good, chlorine is not locked up. Had Leslie's run every imaginable test and can't come up with a reason for the lack of chlorine measurement. His in store tests are the same as mine from my test kit. Yesterday I drained about 12 inches of water and filled with fresh water and the test says the same thing.

I hope you can come up with a solution. I have been using Leslie's store for years and the seem to be very knowledgeable. Jacob at the Palmdale store has asked everyone and no one can come up with an answer.

PLEASE HELP,

FRUSTRATED

This is my third pool in 4 yrs and I have never had such a problem. First my pool (above ground 18x4) was great for about a month then it stormed (go figure)! I got algae and put some 50% algecide in the pool. It killed the algae but it left my water extremely cloudy. Its been almost 3 weeks and I have used sink and sweep which did gather most of the particles to the bottom and my husband got in the pool and manually vacuumed the bottom with the vacuum hose without the attachment. this has cleared up a great deal but it is still cloudy. you can actually see the white particle floating. I did have a problem with the ph but that is fine now the chlorine is good.

One day the pool with be beautifully clear and have a huge gathering at the bottom of dead algae but once I vacuum it up the clods persist. I have used clarifier, shock(which stained the bottom) and its still cloudy. The pool store isn't going to be much help cause all the levels are within range. What the heck to I do?

My kids are dying to swim and I don't know about you all but spending 350 for this pool then another couple hundred in trying to clear it up is mind boggling and pocket draining. I thought about draining it and starting over but the particles will probably remain. HELP

(sent in by email)

Having a cloudy water in pool since opening in mid-May. Had algae at first and put 2 bags (1 pound each) shock which killed algae and turned water very milky. Then added clarifier according to directions on bottle for size of pool. Did nothing to clear water. about a month ago changed sand in filter and to no avail. went from running filter about 6 hrs a day to n01 12 hrs a day. I keep testing and adding chems according to test strips, had water tested and was told my hardness was low. put suggested amount of balance chem in -although I can see a bit clearer water but still quit cloudy. Never before had this problem all year long of swim season. Please help!

Kay S

Same problem as everyone else. Cloudy water after hundreds of dollars in chemicals and following directions. It is not horribly bad but just a cloudy sheen in the water. Need HELP!

I have a 14 yr. sand filter, just got turned on to just using hydrogen peroxide food grade 35 instead of harmful chorine it has cleaned it up but still is cloudy how do I naturally get rid of it. thanks. Pool is 85ft. round & 4.5 ft deep.

Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsJune 1, 2006
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
backyard pool
Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants
A blue above ground swimming pool.
Cleaning an Above Ground Pool
Above Ground Pool
Winterizing an Above Ground Pool
🎉
🎄