Save Newspaper With Birth Announcement

When a new baby is born in the family, keep the local newspaper that the announcement appears in. Hopefully, this will occur the same day the baby is born. Sometimes the announcements are the next day, depending on the time of birth. Roll the newspaper up tightly and secure with something that will not damage it and place in a zip lock bag.

Give the newspaper to them on their graduation, wedding, confirmation, first communion, etc. They can keep it and read what has happening in their hometown on the day they were born. They can also see all the other births on their birthday. Maybe one will turn out to be friend later in life.

Source: My in-laws did this for our children and then we did it for our grand children.

By little suzy from Millbury, OH

I just want to mention that many people these days don't choose to put birth announcements in the paper. They feel it might not be wise to tell the "crazies" about a new baby.

When I had our son (almost 18 years ago) my friend brought me a newspaper that was printed on the day he was born so he can look back and see what was going on, prices and such. I have kept it in a bag with his bibs, what he wore home from the hospital, congratulations cards, and a couple small toys. With graduation coming up this month, it has made me puddle up remembering those days.

Organized Photos in Box
Organizing Keepsakes and Memorabilia
Parenting Baby AdviceMay 13, 2010
Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper Nail Art
birth certificate, passport and social security card
Getting a Copy of a Birth Certificate
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper