Use "Pooper Scooper" in the Garden

I have a passion for gardening, but am always frustrated that garden accessories, like good tools, are so expensive. The other day I was planting some herb seeds and trying hard to get out all the small rocks out of the dirt. The more I raked the more I found, but so many just went through the tines of the rake. I thought to myself, "there must be a better way," and then I thought of my plastic cat "pooper scooper". It worked like a charm and I wondered why I had never thought of using it as a garden tool before! So now my seeds can grow without competing with so many little pea shaped stones.

By Maggie from North Springfield, VT

That's a clever idea. I use a screen I made from an 8 inch square of hardware cloth left over from another project. I like my screen but I wonder if I'd have taken the time to make it if I'd thought of my liter box.

I'm going to take one out to the garden myself. It sounds great!

A rain barrel hooked up to a down spout.
Frugal Gardening Tips
Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousJune 11, 2010
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
A female gardener wearing a green apron.
Gardening Tips and Tricks
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Gardening Advice
🎉
🎄