Homemade Car Locator

Tired of losing your car in that crowded parking lot? I know I was, so I came up with the homemade, plastic canvas, car locator sign. This attaches to your car antenna and proudly stands out in any crowded lot.

Approximate Time: Depending on size, about an hour

• plastic canvas
  • plastic canvas needle
  • yarn in colors of your choice
  • plastic tie straps
  • scissors

Instructions:

Cut plastic canvas to desired size. Plan out your design and go for it. I discovered that if you do the edges and a center design, leaving the rest "open," it seems to work better.

Stitch design, wrap stitch the outer edge. Using the tie straps, attach to the antenna and there you go!

I am now experimenting with beads in the center to look more feminine and to jazz them up a bit.

By Chris from Oshkosh, WI

Is this one topping an antena? Looks like it is in the window with it rolled up on it.

No, that is a sports flag attachment but it could be put on an antenna. Some newer cars have their's encased in the glass of the back window so nothing sticks up.

This is a great solution but it might not hold up long in inclement weather. Too cute!

Cars in a parking lot.
Remembering Where You Parked
Organizing Memory TricksJune 1, 2010
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 6:45:28 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.