Tasty Rum Sauce

Jonni Ready, one of the best bakers I've known, made this rum sauce. She made a rum roll that she used to bring to the flower shop I worked at. The sauce is wonderful, even on angel food cake.

She used to make all kinds of treats for the flower shop. She made the best angel food cakes, and an avocado pie topped with real whipped cream, that was so good. She made us huge molasses cookies like the ones that the "tall ships" carried on their long voyages; and the best peanut butter cookie, oh yum.

• 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 Tbsp. corn starch
  • 1 Tbsp. Rum (You can use a good rum extract if you'd like.)

Directions:

Put milk, water, sugar and salt in pan and bring to a light boil. Add combined starch, egg yolk and water. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add rum and stir in.

Source: Jonni Ready was a a great baker and liked to share with family and friends. I miss her very much and think of her often with fond memories.

By GG Vi from Moorpark, CA

GGVi, This sounds so darn tasty! I am going to give it a try soon! Oh, can you imagine that spooned over strawberry shortcake? Mmmm!

While not a very good baker (something I don't do often!), I am tempted to try this recipe. It sure sounds wonderful! I'll try to find a recipe for a rum roll, or maybe I'll try the sauce on pound cake. Either way, thank you very much for sharing it as well as the tribute to your friend. What a blessing that you have such fond memories of her.

A pan of Crepes Suzette
Dessert Recipes Containing Alcohol
Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesAugust 1, 2011
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Hummingbird Cocktail
Hummingbird Cocktail Recipes
Jello Shots
Jello Shots Recipes
🎉
🎄