Wallpapering Around Archway

I need advice on wallpapering just one side of an archway. All the how-to's I find online are for papering through the arch. I want to wallpaper my hallway, which ends at an arched wall. How do I trim neatly around the arch and finish off the rough edge? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Joni from New Jersey

You need to neatly and cleanly (Is there such a word?) trim the wallpaper. You should not have any "rough" edges. You will need to use very sharp scissors. Perhaps you could mark the arch, with a pencil, on your paper, before you paste the paper to the arch.

The easiest way I can think of to do it is to leave about an inch or so overhang all around the edge of the arch (or with each piece if using more than one strip). Then snip from the edges of the paper all around the arch at intervals in to meet the edge of the arch (I hope you're following what I mean). Fold the paper over the arch edges at right angles and press all around so you have a fold line. The snips should make this easier. Then peel the pasted paper away slightly from the edges of the arch and trim along the foldline with sharp scissors. Press/brush the pasted paper back into place with your newly trimmed edging. That's how I'd tackle it!

I use to wallpaper a lot for other people and on the arches I would leave hangover, while it is still wet but on good, take a single side straight edge razor and place it so that the hangover is in the center, then just go around it. You may need a new razor blade for each sheet the razor must be very sharp. Gives a beautiful clean cut every time.

Wallpaper Around Archway
Wallpapering Around Archway
Home and Garden Home Improvement WallpaperJuly 15, 2008
Wallpaper installed over wood paneling.
Wallpapering Over Wood Paneling
Fixing Wallpaper Bubbles
Fixing Wallpaper Bubbles
Waverly Wallpaper
Finding Discontinued Waverly Wallpaper
Discontinued Osborne and Little Wallpaper
🎉
🎄