Separating Bacon Strips Without Tearing

Separating strips of bacon can be really bothersome. To make it easier, use a flat, flexible cake scraper. The strips will be easy to remove without tearing.

By Jo from Riverside, RI

Top Comment

When I open a new package of bacon, I cut the entire package in half. The shorter strips are easier to separate and they fit in my frying pan better!

Top Comment

I have taken the package of bacon and placed it in the sink in some warm water to warm it a little. Read this tip somewhere. This also helps to get the strips separated.

I buy Amish bacon from a local butcher shop. I freeze it after wrapping it, accordion folder style, in wax paper, then into a ziploc freezer bag. When time to use it arrives I zap the wax-paper bundle just long enough to allow the wax paper to be unwrapped, and remove however many slices I need. Absolutely never a tear that way, since there's never a contact between slices.

Bacon Strips straight from package on white background
Separating Bacon Strips Without Tearing
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsApril 20, 2010
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
🎉
🎄