Washcloth Instead of Dish Rag

I have found that using a thick, well-wrung washcloth works very well as a dishrag. Use it to clean crumbs off counter tops. The crumbs stick to the washcloth and fewer are knocked to the floor. A washcloth is also good to spot wipe the kitchen floor.

By Jack from Bethlehem, PA

I also use washcloths for my swiffer. I buy the 8 pack at Wallmart and use two at a time. Toss them in the laundry - easy on the landfill too !

I USE AN OLD SOCK ON MY SWIFFER, JUST USE AND TOSS IN THE WASH

I used to work at a well known retailier in the south, in the housewares department (sheets, towels, rugs, ect.). I would have interior desingers come in an purchase products for their clients. One would always purchase extra hand towels and washclothes in the same colors that she was using in the bathrooms to be used in the kitchen. She said that way there would not be any confusion as to where the towel belonged, you can use hand towels and washclothes in the kitchen.

I have been using washcloths for years to do my dishes with.

What I love the most are those little compressed towels you can get at the Dollar Tree, I think they are called Magic Towels, I thnk they are wonderful and they have some really pretty designs on them as well.

Give them a try and see how you like them.

Teresa from Va.

I found the perfect bamboo washcloth that is anitbacterial. I use it to bath with and then, because it is antibacterial, I use it to clean the bathroom and I wash it every week and repeat. It is so multiy functional because its so soft and absorbs a ton of water. Now I am going to try to use it as a swiffer. I bought it here http://www.leafa.com/bamboo.htm.

I love the new microfiber type cloths for dishes and wiping up and general cleaning. I found that if you buy them in the automotive department (I get them at Walmart) they are much cheaper for some reason. Easy to wring out for those of us with some arthritis.

I keep several white washcloths in the kitchen for wiping spills, etc. Since they are white, I can bleach them and I can wash them with the sheets or bath towels. I found they work better than colored ones for me. I don't like faded colored towels. As another post mentioned microfiber cloths, I especially love them for washing windows. I have several different colors so I can keep them for different jobs. But I wash all the microfiber cloths in one small load when I have several dirty ones.

I love this idea! I have been doing it for years. I use inexpensive bundles of white washcloths from Walmart. I roll them and keep them in a pretty basket on my counter. I use them to wash and dry dishes (which I change out daily) and in place of paper towels. Since they are white, they can be bleached, or washed using the sanitize cycle. No more germ-infested sponges, money spent on paper towels, or adding to our local landfill!! :)

Hand Washing Dishes
Hand Washing Dishes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsFebruary 22, 2006
Making a Mini Rag Wreath
Making a Mini Rag Wreath
Washcloths
Washcloth Craft Ideas
Rag Quilt
Rag Quilt Patterns
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄