Holiday Brunch Casserole

This recipe was given to me several years ago when I was at a loss of what to cook for a house full of family visiting for the Christmas holidays. I've used it ever since, when having company, so I don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

• 1 pkg. breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
  • 4 1/2 cups cubed day old bread
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 10 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 4 cups whole milk (I have used 2%)
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms

Place bread in well-buttered 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, and onion powder in a large bowl. Pour evenly over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle the sausage and mushrooms over the top. Cover and chill overnight.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour. Tent the pan with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.

Brunch Casserole
Brunch Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesMarch 21, 2008
overnight french toast
Overnight French Toast Casserole
Canape with Egg and Vegetables
Easter Brunch Ideas
A savory egg and sausage casserole topped with tomatoes.
Egg Casserole Recipes