Clean Bathtub with Powdered Dish Detergent

When your bathtub really gets grimy looking and the bathroom cleaners don't seem to be working, try a scrubby sponge and a bit of powder dish washer soap. It doesn't scratch, but it will get things super clean.

By Lynn from WV

Wow awesome tip. I'm going to get some and try it.

What a great idea and I do not even have a dish washer but I will check this one out, thanks for the great tip!

Growing up, as we stepped out of the bath. we'd drop a few drops of joy or dawn into the water and suds it up. It broke up the soap film and kept our tubs shining. Harder now that we all have showers, but I keep some in a spray bottle to spritz with.

Great idea! When my wife and I moved in, the previous owners left the tub with dark dried on soap scum stains. It took a lot of Comet and scrubbing to get the tub back to clean. I'm talking years!

Sounds like a great tip but what I use is 3/4 vinegar and 1/4 Mr. Clean in a spray bottle. Spray it on, wait 10 minutes and then use no scratch comet. Just beautiful!

I use a bottle of vinegar to water and spray when leaving the shower/tub. Half hour later after leaving the shower/tub, I just go in and spray and I have a clean disinfected shower/tub. If that nasty grime does accumulate, I first spray with the vinegar, then I sprinkle with baking soda and scrub. If that doesn't do the trick, I add some salt to the baking soda. Makes the tub shine and I've never had to use those other chemicals. This is great since my daughter and I are sensitive to so many of those.

Dee

I use Dawn dish detergent and a sponge. I drizzle the Dawn around the ring, let it sit awhile, add some water, and it cuts right through the gunk.

Woman's hand holding blue cloth cleaning the tub spout.
Cleaning the Bathtub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomNovember 5, 2010
Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄