Use Parchment Paper Instead of Cooking Spray

Parchment paper is the cook's friend. It keeps food from sticking to baking pans, eliminates having to soak in dish water to clean, and also is healthier for you. No need to add oil or nonstick sprays to your bake ware.

By carlanwright01 from Crane, MO

I would like to use parchment paper, but it absulutely ticks me off trying to use it. How the heck do you keep it from rolling back up? I have tried to reverse roll it, but that didn't work. I tried getting the cookie sheet damp before putting it down, but that didn't work either. I can't see getting mad everytime I try to make cookies so I'll just continue using cooking spray.

If anyone has a nifty trick to make it lay flat, I would appreciate learning it!

Lee Anne

Carlan, I so agree with you. Parchment paper is better than cooking spray! I bought some parchment paper at a great reduced price a while back and had never used it. Recently, I tried it for a cookie recipe that recommended it, and I was in love! I didn't really have to wash the cookie sheets afterward (but did anyway). The cooking sprays always leave a brown baked on residue that is a pain to scrub off.

For Lee Anne, I noticed the curling and it was a little frustrating at first, but then I reverse rolled the piece around a clean 15 inch ruler and slightly flattened the roll along the two edges of the ruler. When I unrolled it, it laid flat enough on the cookie sheet to work with. Since then I've used (and re-used even) big and small pieces for a lot of my baking and cooking. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

Great tip. I will have to try this. Sometimes we forget about things that have been around forever. Thanks.

I keep sheets of parchment paper in between my cookie sheets. That keeps them flat and ready to use.

February 18, 2011 Flag

When baking pork, chicken, fries, or any food where you usually use cooking spray or foil, line your baking sheet with parchment paper instead. You don't need to spray it, butter it, or oil it. Nothing sticks to the parchment and clean up is o-so-simple. This not only makes it easy for me, but also for my grandkids when they help instead of using that awful spray stuff.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Tips for Greasing Pans
Tips for Greasing Pans
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsFebruary 18, 2011
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle