Store Garbage and Shredder Under Desk

All these posts about recycling and green living got me all riled up. My husband and I live in a small condo and our computer desk is in the corner of the living room. Up until this morning, I had a tall kitchen can in my living room near my computer desk. I put all my junk mail in it. The shredder was sitting next to it.

Now we all know that having a kitchen garbage can in the living room is trashy at best, so I started looking for a better place. The area under my desk where my knees go fits perfectly! The can and shredder sit side by side and the shredder is plugged to the same power strip as my computer equipment and gets turned off at night, thereby saving electricity.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

Why not use your shredder as your trash can also. No need for two cans, that's what I do, there is room around the shredder attachment to put other papers, etc. Just a thought! Merry Christmas

My shredder has a little pull out container. It doesn't fit over a can.

A messy computer desk.
Organizing Your Computer Desk
Organizing OfficeDecember 18, 2010
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Drawer Organizer
Desk Drawer Organizer Ideas
🎉
🎄