Hair Turned Orange After Dyeing

I used a hair dye and 2 to 3 weeks later my hair color faded and my hair turned orange. I have been told to use a Malibu treatment on my hair and I have been told not to. What can I do?

By Kerry from Fort Mill, SC

All that a Malibu treatment will do is pull out even more of the color. You will have to recolor it & use a blue or ash base to counteract the orange. I am a color specialist of 19 yrs. You can buy neutral protein color filler at Sally's to fill your ends before applying new color. Best advice is to get it professionally done because you are going to end up spending more on supplies that paying a stylist. Good luck on whichever you decide.

Hello, Please go to your hairdresser so she can fix it.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringSeptember 24, 2010
gray haired woman
Dyeing My Hair Gray
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub