Redoing Fake Butcher Block Counters

My counter top is fake butcher block, I would like to redo it somehow. Any ideas that are cheap and easy to do? My kitchen is done with pale yellow walls and apple decor. Thanks.

Sandy from Mountain View, AR

Black, red, and cream is always a classic color scheme and goes with the oak of the counters. Paint your walls cream and consider what accents you can add in black and red such as towels, canisters, appliances, cabinet doors, handles.

Sandy go to (Painting Laminate Counters) you will see what Myself and a lot of other Forum Friends have done to our counters

We just completed a countertop refinishing project with a product called Spreadstone (by Daisch Coatings). We had ugly, worn out teal formica that I simply could not look at anymore, and for $150 we got a brand new, faux-stone finish that we are very pleased with. The process is so easy anyone can do it: you sand your old counters with 40 grit sandpaper (don't cheat this step - it is by far the most important! I orginally bought 60 grit because the store was out of 40, only to find myself back at a different store because the 60 wasn't doing the job), prime them with Daich's textured primer, roll on the Spreadstone (which comes in many colors and has the consistency of wet sand), smooth it with a trowel, and then seal it with the corresponding Epoxy Sealer. The whole process took us about 4 days, but the time was well worth it. We intend to completely replace the counters someday, but this will surely get us through until then!

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenNovember 19, 2008
Butcher Paper Rolls
Uses for Butcher Paper
glass coffee table
Repairing a Coffee Table With Missing Glass
Knife and Butcher Block
Butcher Block Care and Maintenance
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs