Dry Off Your Razor To Make It Last

This is one of the best kept secrets by the razor companies. After using a Schick or other type of straight razer, dry it off. You should be able to get 50-60 shaves from one razor, as it is water, not whiskers that will corrode a razor.

By Unk Wes from San Jose

It is the water that feeds the bacteria that makes the razor rust and become dull, even ever so slightly. Instead of just rinsing and drying, I suggest adding a few drops of liquid hand soap to the blades and letting the soap dry until the next time. They should last about 3-6 months unless you have an extra thick hair crop to shear. lol Good luck and God bless. : )

try Razor Gator's Razor Extender, it is a disposable razor cleaning tool that makes razors last up to ten weeks. it has teeth, a brush to clean out the razor gunk, and small cloth tail for drying the blade. it works.

The Save-a-Blade that they show on TV really resharpens the razors. I shave my head, and after one shave the razor is dull. But with the Save-a-Blade a razor will last more than two months. You can find it at Walgreens in the sold on TV section for $20 that's the cheapest I've seen it. The TV price is $40, but I've seen it at other stores as well in the sold on TV. I think they even have it on Walgreen's website. It paid for itself in savings in a month with the cost of disposable blades these days.

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMay 2, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Norelco Razor
Homemade Norelco Razor Cleaning Solution
razor blade
Storing Razor Blades