How To Stiffen Coffee Filter Flowers After Tie Dyeing?

I have made flowers out of the coffee filters, but now due to me adding color the paper is limp. Does anyone know how I can stiffen the paper again? Thank you in advance for any advise you may have.

Enza from Toronto, Ontario

maybe spray it with starch? or like she said hairspray ought to work too! (smiles)

You don't mention what you used to dye the filters. I have made many, many coffee filter roses and never had a problem. I use powdered drink mix to dye the filters. I have used the mix with sugar and it seems to make the filter a bit stiffer but normally I just use the unsweetened powder since I don't want to attract critters. I have soaked the filters overnight in a particular color and the paper was still o.k. not limp at all. What did you use to dye the papers with?

Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
Crafts PaperMay 10, 2007
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Tie Dye Your Nails
Tie Dye Your Nails
Coffee Filter Doily
Making a Coffee Filter Doily