How To Stiffen Coffee Filter Flowers After Tie Dyeing?

I have made flowers out of the coffee filters, but now due to me adding color the paper is limp. Does anyone know how I can stiffen the paper again? Thank you in advance for any advise you may have.

Enza from Toronto, Ontario

Best Answer

hairspray?

Best Answer

You don't mention what you used to dye the filters. I have made many, many coffee filter roses and never had a problem. I use powdered drink mix to dye the filters. I have used the mix with sugar and it seems to make the filter a bit stiffer but normally I just use the unsweetened powder since I don't want to attract critters. I have soaked the filters overnight in a particular color and the paper was still o.k. not limp at all. What did you use to dye the papers with?

I dabbed bingo dabbers on the filters and then sprayed water so the colors would run.

maybe spray it with starch? or like she said hairspray ought to work too! (smiles)