Removing Mothball Smell from Bras

I bought brand new Playtex bras second hand. The catch is I can't get rid of the mothball smell. I've tried vinegar and left it in water over night. Yet the smell is still there. Any answers?

Manon

Instructions Difficulty: Moderate

Things You'll Need: Laundry Detergent, White Vinegar, Hangers, and biological odor remover

Step 1 Remove clothes from the closet and take them out of boxes, plastic bags or storage containers.

Step 2 Hang clothes outside on a nice day to let them air out.

Step 3 If clothes are washable, place 1 to 1 1/2 cup white vinegar in the load at the beginning of the wash cycle.

Step 4 Dry clothes outside, not in a clothes dryer.

Step 5 Use a biological odor-eliminating product. Follow instructions carefully.

Step 6 Be sure that all family members - especially grandma, who has used mothballs for a good portion of her life - understand the danger that mothballs pose.

http://www.ehow  hball-odors.html

To clean the moth ball smell from scarves, I used Johnson's Bedtime Bath cleanser for babies. I put some in a sink full of water and soaked the items for about 30 minutes and then scrubbed and rinsed. They came out smelling pretty strong at first, but I let them air dry and after the second washing in the machine, smelled like everything else.

Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 12, 2008
Old couch that smells like mothballs.
Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture
Three brightly colored bras in a row.
Saving Money on Bras
Bra isolated on a white background.
Washing Bras
a pretty bra
Craft Uses for Bras
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 9:19:49 AM on 10.0.2.126 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.