Prepare for the Next Meal

This isn't a new hint or even one I thought up myself but it's helped me many times over the years and I think it could help others. When you finish a meal and get the table cleared, set it for the next meal. It really helps to get a head start on the evening meal when the table is ready to go.

In the kitchen do whatever you can to prepare for the next meal, especially breakfast. I set out the oatmeal bowls, pan for cooking, and juice glasses. I measure the water and oats and cover them for the night. When I'm still fuzzy headed in the morning it really helps to have this all done. It only takes a couple of minutes to do all this but it sure seems to cut down on the prep time for the next meal when you're tired.

By Glenn'smom from Elgin

Anonymous

Great tip! When I used to entertain a lot I did this but never thought to do it from day to day ;-) Thanks a bunch and a thumbs up :-)

That is a good idea! As soon as we get rid of the roaches I will be doing that (I have a lot of roaches in my house that I can not get rid of, my daughter moved back in withus her and her 4 children the apartment she moved from was infested with roach, and they brought them all here, I can not program my Mr. Coffees to have coffee ready, because of the roaches)