ColoringHair Tips

Protect Bathroom When Dyeing Hair

When dyeing/coloring my hair, I can be as careful as can be and I still seemed to miss some small spots/splatters on the back splash of the sink. The spots would not start to show until they dried. So my solution was to use Glad Press 'n Seal on the back splash to protect it. It worked great. I do not know why it took me so long to think of this.

I use Glad Press 'n Seal more for non-food items, than for a food wrap. It clings to a variety of surfaces. It can also be used to protect surfaces while painting. It has many uses and is handy to have in a home.

By mkymlp from NE PA /USA

This is a good tip for protecting your back splashes and walls, but take it from me, you need more than Press & Seal to protect the carpet! While dyeing my hair one day I was trying to be very careful, as always. Unfortunately, after it dried I found that I wasn't careful enough! I now have dark brown spots in several areas on my beige bathroom carpet! Since then, the only place I dye my hair is in the shower! This way if I splatter, it goes on the walls, floor and door of the shower stall where it's not hard to get off.

The press and seal also works good as a bib. I have heard of people sticking a piece of it in their purse when they go out to eat and using it as a bib, because it isn't that noticable.

Our dog recently had surgery on his knee for a torn ACL. He had to wear a half-cast wrapped up with an Ace bandage for a week. The vet tech recommended we wrap the leg in Glad Press & Seal when we took him outside in the snow and it worked very well!