Built-in Liquid Dishwashing Soap Dispenser Doesn't Work

Has any one else had the following problem with the liquid dishwashing solution that you fill your dispenser with next to your kitchen faucets? I had a new kitchen put it and had the liquid dishwashing dispenser put in next to my kitchen faucets. At 1st the solution came out easily and then it stopped even though I kept pumping it.

We even brought it back to the store and got a new one, but that didn't change the problem. My hubby checked it out and thought the opening was too narrow so he enlarged it, but still no luck.

I use Dawn liquid dish detergent. Could it be the viscosity of the detergent? I have never heard of this and am wondering if any one else has run into this same problem and if so how have they solved it.

Thank you in advance for any information and solution you can offer me, as I am very frustrated and disappointed.

By Carol from Beverly, MA

I think the soap you are using may be too thick. I had one of those dispensers (they are installed right into the counter) and I was told to water down the soap. I used my dispenser for hand soap, not dishwashing liquid. Try diluting your soap and see if that helps. Start with about 1/3 water to 2/3 soap.

Most likely the dispenser is clogged from soap scum. Take it apart, wash it out and reassemble. This is a problem with these dispensers. You will have to do this quite often.

Over time, any small opening that has a soaping agent in will plug, you need to rinse the stem and end out with warm water.

This solved all of my soap dispenser issues, I highly recommend it: http://www.amaz  15688&sr=1-2