Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Please help me with suggestions for a name for a graphic design business.

By Ali from Okara

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

October 29, 2010 Flag

I am doing freelance graphic design for sign writers. I need a name that will go with it. I just can't come up with anything nice. I want it to say what I do by just looking at the name. It must be clear enough to understand, but not plain and simple.

By Liefie from South Africa

Answers:

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Artistic Input (01/07/2010)

By Suntydt

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Designed To Order or Designs To Order (01/08/2010)

By knitter926

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

How about Design Recognition, Logo Design, Logo Art, AAA Design (get first listing in your telephone directory with that name!)

Good luck. The word "Design" has been lucky for me for 25 years! (01/09/2010)

By designengraving

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Signs by Liefie Design, Liefie Sign Designs
Simple, but to the point, using your name distinguishes you from any other company. Best of luck! (01/09/2010)

By hibbardg

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

How 'bout "What's Your Sign Designs", cute, huh?! (01/11/2010)

By PainterLee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 7, 2010 Flag

I need a unique name for my new Graphic Design business.

Elias

Answers:

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Hi. What about phantasmagoria or phantasm? It means illusion. That would be nice : ) Best of luck! (04/14/2009)

By CBLAISDELL

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

I suggest to use "Unique Graphic Designs by Elias". Good luck. (04/14/2009)

By kffrmw88

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 14, 2009 Flag

What should I name my new graphic design firm? We hope to also have a team of photographers in the near future, so I would like to have a name that can be interchanged between the design and photography branches.

Mike from PA

Answers:

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

(09/07/2007)

By Sandee

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

(09/07/2007)

By kimhis

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Instead of something fancy or cutesy, how about just sticking with the basics. Get your name in there somewhere and get "Graphic Design" in there, too. Example: Smith's Graphic Design Studio or Smith's Graphic Design and Professional Photographic Services.

Sometimes something simple that just comes right out and says it all is just plain better than trying to come up with a clever angle. This is going to be your baby, so why not proudly put your name on it? First name, last name or both names, name recognition is nice. It's a simplistic concept, but it really has worked for generations.

Graphic Design can encompass so many different things that a cutesy name may cause a potential customer to overlook your business because they may not realize what you do and exactly what services you offer. I think it is important to use the simple term, "Graphic Design" directly in your business name because it comes right out and says it all. If there has to be an angle, a twist, or some kind of turn on words, it could be added on after this basic. Remember, too, that descriptive words which tell about additional services you offer can always be added as a tagline on advertisements or even on your business cards.

It's all about promotion and marketing, right? That "clever name" that new business owners are always seeking to come up with isn't gonna help much when the potential customer opens up the phone book. They aren't going to be looking for a clever name; rather, they will looking for, "Graphic Design". So, this was just a long-winded way of saying that people should never discount the simplicity of a business name.

Perhaps the following association and resource materials may be of assistance to you:

The Graphic Artists Guild
90 John Street, Suite 403
New York, NY 10038
(212) 791-3400
www.gag.org
Resource and advocacy organization with legal and accounting services and legislative information, newsletters, and a Pricing and Ethical Guidelines handbook.

Graphic Design Book Club
Cincinnati, OH 45212
Exclusively for graphic design professionals.

Dick Blick Art Materials
P.O. Box 1267
Galesburg, IL 61402
www.dickblick.com
Art materials catalog.

Hope that this helps in some small way. Wish you the best in your entrepreneurial endeavor. Starting your own business is the American Dream! (09/08/2007)

By Peg from PA

interesting idea...

What about DE+SIGN? I am looking for a name too, it's not easy. Good luck! (02/28/2009)

By Paul

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 6, 2007 Flag

I am starting a home-based business and having a hard time thinking of a name. I am a graphic and web designer offering full creative services, plus I just added the equipment to be able to produce custom signs, banners, vehicle graphics, shirts, etc.

I'm trying to think of a unique name that hasn't been used already so I can trademark it and find an available URL.

I was reading some great ideas and advice that was given to others who have posted here for help on business names.

Anyone have any ideas? I would like to use the word "signs" but it isn't necessary. I thought about "Dsigns" but that is way overused. Something that says "Creative" would work the best I think.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bunny from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

I think you need to make it specific to yourself mine is because my maiden name is Sheets so it's DesignerSheets get it? What sets you apart from all the rest in your local area? Start there (03/02/2007)

By Designersheets

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

My old business name was "Creative Bunny." That set me apart and was related because of my name ... but now my husband is involved in the business as well with the addition of signs and vehicle graphics so I need to change the name to something that doesn't just say ME ... something that he will feel comfortable with on the side of his truck.

Thanks!! (03/03/2007)

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Signsational

For Signs (instead of For Sale) kinda catchy, different

PDQ Signs

what county do you live in ? what if you named it for the street the biz was on?

If I think of anymore... (03/03/2007)

By mommamoody

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

Up 2 U (03/03/2007)

By Streatch

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

"Signs of the Times"... (03/06/2007)

By Marlene

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

If you use the word "signs" in your business, people may not think you do websites. I'd stick with something more general that applies to graphic design as a whole. And perhaps use a tagline that says you do websites, signs, corporate identity, ... (03/06/2007)

By Jean

Graphic Design Business Name Ideas

How about the word DESIGNER ... BUT! you put a first aid cross between the first part of the word DESIGN and the second part of the word ER,

This would read DESIGN+ER meaning design and ER meaning emergency room

In other words you are the design doctor (lol), fixing any emergency u could make the cross a medical room color like red (england) or green (america i think)

This way you are the solution to a design dilemna in small print above or below this word u could have different lettering and a different colour " web and graphic design "

The whole thing would read

DESIGN+ER
web & graphic design solutions or creations wotever

Good luck! (03/07/2007)

By cazpumpkin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Graphic Design Logo Idea
Name Ideas for a Graphic Design Business
Business and Legal BusinessOctober 29, 2010
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Woman Working at Her Design Business
Design Business Name Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 7:30:56 AM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.