Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

My ice maker is not working on my Kitchenaid fridge.

By Darryl

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By anne [10]11/07/2009

Water line may be crimped or clogged.

Here are questions related to KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice.

Question: KitchenAid Icemaker Only Makes Ice Sometimes

The icemaker in my KitchenAid refrigerator model KSSC48QMS00, makes ice sometime and sometimes it doesn't. I have changed the ice maker and still have the problem. What can I do? Thank you.

By Floriberto R.

Most Recent Answer

By CJ07/25/2011

I have the same problem. But I started noticing the ice cream wasn't frozen as well as it should have been either, sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't. Then I noticed I wasn't hearing the frig cut off or on anymore. My frig is old, so I'm having a new one delivered tomorrow. You didn't say how old yours is. Repairmen are so expensive, $180 just to come out. The refrigerator section works fine, just the freezer compartment not working right. Don't want to even keep it in the basement for drinks, maybe it's running all the time trying to "freeze" stuff and running up my electric bill. I bought a new one at Home Depot for $699.97 total including delivery, set up, installing the ice maker, and hauling off the old one. Not fancy, just like the old one.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

The refurbished ice maker in our KitchenAid 25 cubic ft. fridge only made ice once when reinstalled. The tray fills properly, the ice maker switch turns on and freezer is the right temp. Do I need to test the inline freeze relay next? Thanks.

By Realphillips from Tulsa

RE: KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

Sometimes the solder will release the heating coil from the bottom of the ice tray and not permit the ice to release from the tray. You will have to check the coil to see if it is firmly attached to the bottom of the ice tray. However, before you do this make sure the ice maker is in the off position. This will prevent you from burning your fingers. I know from experience.

Also you may need to see if your heating element is working. Try blowing the ice tray with a hair dryer to see if the ice will dump. If it does it could be the heating coil is the trouble. Good luck hope this helps. Let us know if this helps. (04/15/2009)

By dasl

We own a Kitchenaid side-by-side model KSRS25Q. The ice maker is not making ice. I checked all the lines except for the valve inlet. Everything is working. But, water does not fill up in the ice tray maker. What should I look at next? The valve inlet? Thanks.

By bw180h from Milwaukee, WI