Share Crafts

KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

My ice maker is not working on my Kitchenaid fridge.

By Darryl

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By anne 13 149 11/07/2009

Water line may be crimped or clogged.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

The refurbished ice maker in our KitchenAid 25 cubic ft. fridge only made ice once when reinstalled. The tray fills properly, the ice maker switch turns on and freezer is the right temp. Do I need to test the inline freeze relay next? Thanks.

By Realphillips from Tulsa

RE: KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

Sometimes the solder will release the heating coil from the bottom of the ice tray and not permit the ice to release from the tray. You will have to check the coil to see if it is firmly attached to the bottom of the ice tray. However, before you do this make sure the ice maker is in the off position. This will prevent you from burning your fingers. I know from experience.

Also you may need to see if your heating element is working. Try blowing the ice tray with a hair dryer to see if the ice will dump. If it does it could be the heating coil is the trouble. Good luck hope this helps. Let us know if this helps. (04/15/2009)

By dasl

We own a Kitchenaid side-by-side model KSRS25Q. The ice maker is not making ice. I checked all the lines except for the valve inlet. Everything is working. But, water does not fill up in the ice tray maker. What should I look at next? The valve inlet? Thanks.

By bw180h from Milwaukee, WI