KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

My ice maker is not working on my Kitchenaid fridge.

By Darryl

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Water line may be crimped or clogged.

Answer

We own a Kitchenaid side-by-side model KSRS25Q. The ice maker is not making ice. I checked all the lines except for the valve inlet. Everything is working. But, water does not fill up in the ice tray maker. What should I look at next? The valve inlet? Thanks.

By bw180h from Milwaukee, WI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The refurbished ice maker in our KitchenAid 25 cubic ft. fridge only made ice once when reinstalled. The tray fills properly, the ice maker switch turns on and freezer is the right temp. Do I need to test the inline freeze relay next? Thanks.

By Realphillips from Tulsa

KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Making Ice

Sometimes the solder will release the heating coil from the bottom of the ice tray and not permit the ice to release from the tray. You will have to check the coil to see if it is firmly attached to the bottom of the ice tray. However, before you do this make sure the ice maker is in the off position. This will prevent you from burning your fingers. I know from experience.

Also you may need to see if your heating element is working. Try blowing the ice tray with a hair dryer to see if the ice will dump. If it does it could be the heating coil is the trouble. Good luck hope this helps. Let us know if this helps. (04/15/2009)

By dasl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesNovember 5, 2009
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 6:11:41 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 566 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.