Wall and Refrigerator Colors for a 50s Vintage Look Kitchen

I am looking for color advice for a kitchen. I have ivory cabinets and black soapstone countertops. Also, I have lots of 50's red and some yellow kitchen accessories.

I want to order a vintage look Big Chill refrigerator, but can't decide on the red or yellow fridge. Will both go with the antique white cabinets and red accessories?

Also, if I go red with the fridge, I'd like to do pale yellow walls. If I do yellow frig, any ideas on wall colors that will go with cabinets, frig and red accessories?

Thanks so much.

By TJ

Red comes in various shades, so try and match closely if you choose the red frig. Personally, I think I would prefer a red frig over the yellow, but the choice is yours. Do you have black/white retro flooring? White or red walls would go best with the rest of the color scheme if you go with a yellow frig and maybe paint a border using the other colors you are using in the kitchen to add harmony. Could also choose a vintage wallpaper border with colors you are using too. Good luck!

I just moved into a 1927 Craftsman style bungalow. The kitchen was redone in the 1950s. It has white cabinets, black and white checkered flooring and bright yellow tiles that go halfway up the walls. The walls were painted a matching bright yellow.

I collect yellow Pyrex baking dishes and utensils with red handles (rolling pin, spoon, potato ricer, etc.). I wanted a color that would make these pieces stand out, so I chose a soft dove gray. It makes my collection stand out and modernizes the look a bit, while maintaining the classic appeal of the era.

I would choose a red refridgerator and paint the walls yellow and I like Lorelei's idea about using a wallpaper border.

I like the idea of the red fridge and pale yellow walls, too. If you get a yellow fridge, perhaps aqua would work for the walls? Aqua and turquoise, which is a deeper version of the same color, were very popular in the 50s. Otherwise, the dove gray suggestion sounds like a good choice. The wallpaper border in a 50s look print would be a very nice touch. Good luck, and when you're done, please post photos, so we can see how it turned out!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenJanuary 12, 2011
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎄
🍂