Ideas for Used Birthday Candles
Here are some ideas for used birthday candles.
- These tiny candles work wonders for sticky locks and zippers. For sticky locks, simply rub the candle on the key then insert in the lock several times. For sticky zippers, open the zipper then rub the birthday candle on both sides of the zipper.
- You can also rub the candles on sticky door jams.
- Kids can use tiny candles for "invisible ink". Have your child write or draw a message on a piece of white computer paper, then hold the paper over the sink and pour your left over coffee or a cup of water with food coloring over it. The message will magically appear because the wax will resist the coloring.
- These candles can be lifesavers in an emergency: for light, you can stand them up on a glass plate or in a small cup of salt.
- They also make wonderful campfire starters when camping. Store them in an old vitamin bottle.
By Cyinda from near Seattle
March 29, 20120 found this helpful
A couple more ideas: Melt a little candle wax in a shallow dish and suspend three or four used birthday candles in it until it cools. In a pinch, this gives you light when there's a power outage. It's also a romantic touch to a dinner table. And secondly, I have used them, propped up in the cold ashes of our wood stove, to ignite newspaper and kindling to get the fire started quickly. I've also used almost spent candles this way. Handy little things, aren't they?
June 7, 20090 found this helpful
Or you can simply save them and reuse them the next time someones birthday comes along. Peace!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 12:10:35 AM on 10.0.0.19 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us