Poll: Do you cook most of your meals from scratch?

Today's poll asks: Do you cook most of your meals from scratch? Post your answer below.

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the forum below.

Yes I cook most all our meals from scratch. I don't understand why everyone doesn't . It is so easy ,taste good too.

Yes I do too; I'd rather feed my kids food than MSG, Red #40, and high fructose corn syrup!

I ENJOY CREATIVITY IN THE KITCHEN PREPARING MAIN MEALS, BREADS, DESSERTS, BEVERAGES, ETC.

My best tip is to do as much of your prep work ahead of time. I chop my onions and freeze them in meal portions, cook the entire package of meat and freeze it labled, etc.

I tend to cook more in the spring and summer when I can get fresh fruits and veggies from the farmer's market. I could probably live on veggies and some fruits when I can get them straight from the farmers.

Otherwise I would say I probably cook about half of my meals.

I was also going to add that I am going to try and buy extra peppers and things to put in the freezer and maybe I will eat better through the fall and winter. :>)

We go out to eat maybe twice a month. Of course some of that is the nearest place for a decent meal out is 20 miles away--grin. Seriously, I bake bread, rolls etc from scratch. I spend one day every week or two cooking big batches of "stuff" then freeze in meal size servings. In the morning decide what we will have that day, defrost it and have a homemade meal to serve.

Cookie dough is mixed, froxen in cookie size portions and baked as we want it.

Biscuits made from scratch.
Making Biscuits From Scratch
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Woman Wearing Eyeglasses
Making Eyeglasses Scratch Resistant
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
🎄