Caring for a Baby Kitten (Update)

I wanted to update you in regards to my previous request "Caring for a kitten". Unfortunately I have some very sad news. My baby "George" passed last evening around 11 pm. He really gave a valiant effort with his will to survive, along with the tender loving care he received from me the past few days.

One of the guest posts, "susanna" made a very important suggestion to me as to bathe George ASAP for there was a fatal anemia contracted from fleas. Well I took your advice and bathed him in baby shampoo and much to my horror he was infested with them. He began a spiral downhill from there. He was gone within hours.

My boyfriend was so kind to step in as he saw my grief well up. He sweetly talked to him, encouraged the little guy, and insured him he was loved very much. We will have a small burial for him this evening. I can honestly say that we did all we could for him. He was blessed in a way that many kittens never are that were in his same situation. He had a few beautiful days full of love and affection, along with good eating's that was provided for him.

The Wal-mart kitten bottle and kitten powdered milk worked wonderfully. Again. I want to thank all of those who were kind enough to help us in this time of need. Many blessings to you and yours. Oh yea, you may wonder about the name George. Well we have an older kitten we named Gracie. So here we had George Burns and Gracie Allen as so it seemed. Bye for now.

LorisZoo from AZ

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of little George. I know he had a wonderful life with you. If you believe in a rainbow bridge he will be waiting for you healthy and happy. Sending hugs your way. Hannah

Oh, so sorry about little George. You did your best and know that the poor little guy is not in pain or anything. It is so difficult and I just want you to know I'm thinking about you both. ~ Holly in Ga.

I am so sorry about George. I cried, I love animals. Prayers for you during your time of grief.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know only too well of the devastating emotional effects taking care of and losing a little one you tried so hard to help. I truly believe those little ones who die so soon after, are brought to us because God knows that the last few days or weeks with us will be good ones and they will go out better then they came in. God bless you for your effort and comfort.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to lose an animal when you were trying so hard to save them. I will keep you in my prayers

Loriszoo - I am so sorry to hear about George's passing. I hope that you find comfort in know that you did all you could for him. You might want to print out this page for the next time, and it will happen, another "George" decides to adopt you.

Take care. Hugs from Texas.

I'm so sorry about George's passing. Please know that he knew he was loved very much during his short time on earth.

God bless you for rescuing him

take care, claudia

Do not feed a kitten cows milk.

They tend to be lactose intolerent to cows milk,

and it will give them stomach cramps, and

the poos.

I know some vets rip people off, and that they are

expensive, but they can give the kitten fluids if

it is dehydrated. If they get dehydrated it can cause

brain damage. So better a few dollars short, than

a dying kitty. Good luck.

My best friend told me tonight about the butt rub thing and it worked great. My kitten is only 13 days old and we bottle feed her. she is eating great and growing and now pooping, whew!

Just to let you know. We had a cat that had 3 kittens and then got ill. We took her to the vet and on day three she passed away. The vet sent us home with tiny bottles, a recipe for kitty formula and the three orphaned kittens....that was nearly 17 years ago and my cat, Callie had lived a long and full life. Aside from arthritis, she is very loving, normaly and heathy. I am currently in the process of resueing a kitten from a friend. Her neighbor had tons of Cats, dozens of kittens and this baby is being pushed out of the nest as Mommy Kitty probably hasn't enough milk for all four. Will let you know how it goes. I also have an 8 year old.

they are 2 weeks old. Only 1 of them has one eye that is still close, i was wondering what to use on him,to help get the eye to open.

Newborn orange and white kitten.
Caring for Newborn Kittens
Pets CatsMay 25, 2006
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Adult cat walking away from newborn kitten
Mother Cat Ignoring Her Kittens
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎄