Meat Tenderizer For Bug Bites And Stings

I had a nasty bug sting yesterday. The only remedy I could recall was to make a paste of meat tenderizer and water to cover the bite. Well, it actually worked. I'll be darned. The tenderizer was so old that I can't recall when I bought it. Just a note: this was a pain stopper - not a swelling reducer.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Top Comment

Hi all!

I was recently amazed by my four year old. Mostly because she stood on an ant hill watching the ants crawl all over her legs. Ok, and also somewhat because she was truly suprised when they started biting her!

Anyway, after removing the offending creatures, I put some Arnica ointment that I had handy on the welts--and they were all gone in a very short period of time. I had previously been unimpressed by the stuff for my sprained ankle, but for this it worked great!

Top Comment

I learned in a book I read (I have no idea what it was) that you can put anti-persprant on a sting and the pain will go away. I had a chance to try it out on my then 2 year old who managed to get 2 wasp stings on his fingers and he stopped crying immediately after I put it on him.

Container of Meat Tenderizer on counter
Uses for Meat Tenderizer
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 20, 2008
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
Tender rib eye steak on a grill.
Using Meat Tenderizer Seasoning
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
🎄