Duplicating Lost Pot Roast Recipe

Many years ago I had one of those recipe file card collections. I want to say it was from McCormick, or McCalls (but don't quote me on it). There was one recipe that was so good, but I have been unable to find it or duplicate it. I remember some of the ingredients; chuck roast, potatoes, peeled and cut into fourths, carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise and crosswise into fourths, V8 juice, and I think tomato sauce. When it was done the sauce on the carrots made them the best tasting carrots I have ever had. Please help me find the recipe.

By Kate

Found this recipe in an old Home Economics Cookbook. I don't if it's the one your looking for, but hopes it helps.

Family Pot Roast

1 3 TO 4-lb. chuck roast

2 tbsp. fat

3/4 c.water

1/2 c. hot water

1/2 c. catsup

1/2 c. V-8 juice

1/2 tsp. garlic salt

1/2 tsp. onion salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

8 med. potatoes, peeled and halved

8 lg. carrots

Brown meat on both sides in hot fat; add hot water. Cover and simmer slowly for 1 hour. Combine catsup, V-8 juice, garlic salt, onion salt and pepper. Slowly pour sauce over meat, covering all of meat. Simmer for 2 hours. Add potatoes and carrots. Simmer 30 minutes or longer until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Thank you Cindy, I will try it this week.

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastJuly 23, 2011
Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.
Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Welbilt Bread Maker
Finding Welbilt Bread Maker Recipe Books
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap