High School Class Reunion Game Ideas

Category Reunion
trophies for game winners
Playing games at a reunion with old classmates can break the ice and be lots of fun. This guide contains high school class reunion game ideas.

I need some suggestions for games to play at a 55th class reunion.

By Janet from OH

Check out this post http://www.thri  9062326.tip.html it was originally for a baby shower but would work well with a Reunion. After all these are candies that these people grey up with. You might change some of the questions but you can just about leave it alone.

We had a hoola hoop contest.

Hello,

Wow! Congrats.

Why not play: Who has been married the longest? Who traveled the farthest? who has the most grandchildren & etc. and then offer a small prize to the winners.

We just played a good mixer game at my retired teachers party last week. Grid off a sheet of paper into about 25 or 30 squares. In each square there is a phrase such as-who has been to Alaska

-who has more than 5 grandchildren

-who has great grandchildren

-who has been on a cruise

-who swam in three Great Lakes

- who has been elected to office

who has a pet cat

and so on. Make some of them fairly specific so they would be harder to get, and some quite general. Since you know the crowd, you can suit the clues to them. The guests circulate, getting signatures in the squares, you can only sign a paper once, for a few minutes. You can give a prize for the first one done, or several prizes for all who completed their sheet in a specified time.

http://www.goog  df8e58bf30e69758

This is not a game, but how cool would it be to have some fake newspapers made up of things that happened the year you all graduated! Dates, proms, the cars, the clothes, you could go a little crazy and put "most likely to..." and so much more! Have a wonderful time!

I was going to suggest "Human Bingo", and that is what louel53 sugested. You can go into Google and get an idea what the card looks like that you make.

Trivia game go through the yearbook and make trivia questions out of what people wrote under their picture in the year book and guess who wrote that.

Trivia who is married the longest, who has the most children, who been divorce the longest, etc

Hi My name is Patty

I put reunions together

I started with my own High School and this year is our 35th

I put together a party in hometown and a three day cruise

I live out of town from the school I graduated from. At the last reunion, I attended years ago, everyone was already seated at a table when we arrived. Many still live in the same town and see each other often. What activity can we do to stimulate some interaction among everyone. It is a small town school, with a class of 50+, and the 58th reunion.

By Jan I

Best Answer

Try numbering your tables. Then randomly put numbers under each plate, corresponding to the table numbers...i.e. 20 tables numbered 1 through 20...8 seats at each table... each place setting gets a number, 1 through 20, until you have 8 of each number (8x1's, 8x2's, 8x3's, etc.). After everyone sits down, and before they start eating and drinking, announce that everyone must check their number and move to the table with that number. After dinner, they can sit wherever they want.

We do multi-year class reunions for years '75 - '85. A few hundred people show up each time we do one. We need an easy and cheap way of getting people talking to each other. It would be nice to be able to be able to tell which people were in which year.

We do these casual get-togethers a few times a year at restaurants and bars, so we don't have the time or money to do anything too extravagant. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

By Liz from FL

Color code name tags by year. Use different color markers for names too. Again by year. Put numbers or letters on them and have people group to spell words, names of teachers, subjects, something school related and small gifts for the group that forms first. Numbers could be used to produce a sum, or all the even numbered blues, odd numbered reds, etc. Have fun.

Use the different colored name tags for different graduation dates. Add a tag to hang on their back that is the name of a celebrity, an animal etc. Let them ask a question to each person so they can guess what's on their tag, then have them drop the tag with their name into a lottery for a prize at the end of the evening.

I am all for the color coding on the years. Then do a scavenger hunt quiz with each person from that year having one answer to one question. The person with the answer must intial the question on the sheet. This will prevent answer sharing. The person with the most questions answered on their sheet wins a prize for most social.

For venue, I'd vote for someplace relatively quiet. I'm very soft-spoken, and at my recent multi-year reunion, the DJ was so loud, no one could hear anyone! The music was fun, but good grief! For telling one year from another, I kinda like the idea of the larger tags with the grad year included above or below the name. The bigger and clearer the print, the better. With our aging eyesight, it's tough reading those itty-bitty name tags. Maybe they could be on the back between the shoulders instead of the chest? It's embarrassing to stand squinting at people's chests all night. :P

Thanks to everyone. I had been thinking of color coding using plastic leis, but the problems are lack of a variety of colors and cost. Thanks to your help I had another thought of using Mardi Gras beads, those are much cheaper.

The name tags could be hung from the necklace, or we could just ask people to put them on their backs. I hate the staring at peoples' chests, too! I think the first time we'll not try to color code the name tags, since people will be making their own (IF they make their own). I envision it being easier to walk around and hand out the appropriate color beads to bead less people rather than to get people to make and wear name tags.

For a mixer, I like all of these ideas. I had been thinking of a Q/A game such as asking people in advance to write out something about themselves unique to them post-grad, such as "I played minor league baseball" or "I am married with five kids, ages x, x, x, x, and x", whatever they like. They could write this along with their year on a slip of paper which then goes into a fishbowl. People pick out a slip and using the color of bead as a clue, they go try to find that person. This would be very inexpensive, easy to do on the fly (just provide pens and paper, no color coding needed here) - and it would get the classes mingling and be more simple than trying to contain it by year.

I like the scavenger hunt idea too. I saw one once where a grid of squares on a piece of paper was pre-filled in with generic things that could apply to many people, such as "Lived in a green house" or "Traveled to Europe". Each person gets a sheet of paper with the "board" printed on it and tries to find someone who meets the criteria. As for a winner it could be "most squares" or "in a row" type of thing. I suppose we could modify that idea to say something like "Had Mrs. So and So for English" and "was in such and such club." Maybe even something current such as "My spouse is here with me tonight."

I suppose the second idea would be easier to provide a prize for, you could get people to turn in their "completed" papers and do the fishbowl thing to get a "winner."

Thanks for the ideas, and keep'em coming, this is fun!

Trivia games make nice icebreakers. We copy senior pictures out of our yearbooks and write the year they graduated under the picture and then we just put them in a little cheap sleeves and then a little ribbons so they can pay them to their shirts.