Mocha Pudding (or Pie)

The pudding is definitely one of the easiest desserts ever made and it's also one of the most delicious. You can make a pie with it or serve it up in pretty stemware with a glorious swirl of whipped cream and a cherry on top to fancy it up for the Queen if she's coming to dinner.

• 1 pkg. (4 serving size) Jello Chocolate Pudding (NOT instant)
  • 2-3 tsp. instant coffee (I really like Taster's Choice intense flavor)
  • whipped cream (homemade is always best)
  • cinnamon for sprinkling on top (optional)

Directions:

If you're making a pie, have your pie crust all baked and cooled.

To make your filling (or pudding), follow directions on pudding package(s), but add the instant coffee in with the dry pudding and stir the milk into both while heating on the stove. Cook as usual, and when done, remove from burner and cool as package directions say. When almost cool, spoon into pie crust, pudding cups, or glasses, Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, cover tops of puddings (or pie) generously with whipped cream, adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to tops if desired.

Note: Double this recipe if you're making a 9 inch deep-dish pie, and use a pre-baked pie crust (homemade or store-bought). Crust has to be baked and cool.

Servings: 4 pudding..6 pie servings
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: From my Mother who loved her coffee. I'm sure she came up with it by herself just as many other good cooks have done. If it hasn't already been done, someone will add it to a cookbook one of these days.

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

I 'Love' chocolate pudding and it never occurred to me to jazz it up! Guess what I'll be making for my next dessert? ;-) Thanks Julia!

I like mocha anything, so I'll definitely be trying this one. Just have to decide if I want pie or just pudding. I dare not ask my family. I know they'll say "Pie".

Thanks for the great idea Pookarina.

Songwriter

Oh Boy, this sounds so good. I love mocha, as long as it's not too sweet. I can't wait to try your recipe.

Thanks for sharing Pookarina,

MisMachado

Pudding is my guy's favorite dessert, and I can live with it as long as it's really good. This recipe is something I think I might even enjoy. Sounds easy too, so that's a big plus. I'll let you know. :-)

Thank you for sharing Pookarina.

Lee

You said the magic two words, "coffee and chocolate." Without those two flavors, I would be lost. You can have all the vanilla and strawberry you want, and I'll even cook it for you, but give me something that makes me feel alive. I've eaten mocha cake and mocha pie, but never pudding. I think this would work great as a good filling for plain cake similar to Boston Creme Pie.

Thanks so much,

ww

Mocha Pudding Recipe
Mocha Pudding Recipe
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingNovember 10, 2010
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
Vanilla Pudding Pie
Vanilla Pudding Pie Recipes
banana pudding pie
Pudding Pie Filling Mix Recipe
Mocha Pie
Mocha Pie Recipes
🎄